For Somethings do not become a memory, because they become a part of You!

Those set of rooms that was chosen with no other available,
but encapsulates a moments that became almost a year there
moments that made me grow beyond! Third Floor F-66 Kamlanagar, Delhi

That flatmate, my sister
the best flatmate i could have

Those long strolls in the balcony 
with nothing but the cool breeze
and stars being the witness
Listening to music, rather looking for music
that best suited the feelings that prevailed

Those small gaps in the window
that let the sun rays beam on my face
while i still slept
to push me out of the comfort zone of the bed

The walls that probably knew more about me 
than myself

Those obedient set of speakers that sung
what i wanted them to sing
and made me dance to their tune

The uncomfortable chair 
that held my bums as i slept over books

The lamp that did not stop giving me the light of inspiration
when all other lights were gone

That rack of books
that became a means in Old World 
continuously inspired me to create & innovate

Those 56 stairs, that seemed unconquerable in the beginning
then 3-4 rounds up & down daily
made my calf strong enough to climb any peak

That wily landlord who made me confident
to deal with people around
who taught me to be a good listener

That super cool refrigerator 
despite age, gave the best cooling environment
made me realize that the person becomes old 
not because of his body but because of his mind

Having left those set of rooms, that apartment
that made my entire year go like a splash of water
on the face, that wakes you up to witness, experience, feel the beauty all around
that taught me lesson, its all a game of Nazar (perspective)
there's not a single thing that has become a memory
because they have become a part of me, with me all that deep
Because i have promises to keep
and miles to go before i sleep!

Comments

  1. That was a wonderful write up. It did succeed in passing on the essence with which you wrote it.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to live consciously in 2016

What would a thriving rural space look like?

A song to awaken the modern human self?