Oiling up and Motherhood



One of the things I love and also miss is getting oiled up by my mother. 

As an infant oiling up is considered very important to develop strength in the body - for me my Dadi took that job (I think). 

As a child, oiling up is considered important to moisturise the body to have a more resilient skin, to let toxins go away. 

As a teenage, oiling up is considered important to develop shiny features :p and become attractive. My mother didn't leave an oil unturned. Our favorite then was 'Hair & Care'. :) 

As a young adult, oiling up is considered important to continue to nourish sweat pores as an outlet to toxins, energy and become more physically agile. At this time for me, those fancy moisturisers and deo's came into my life and reduced my sweat pore capacity and skin agility.
As an adult, oiling up is considered important these days to not lose hair on the head. I miss my mum, and her oiling up and therefore hair density on my head is reducing. 

{On the side, One important pattern, that happened with me or happen with most people is that oiling up by moms keeps getting shrunken to be reduced to just the head (if at all).} 

Oiling up is one of the reasons, I love my mother. And mothers on this planet. And motherhood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to live consciously in 2016

What would a thriving rural space look like?

A song to awaken the modern human self?