We are because of our ancestors.


Past decade or so I have travelled away from my family interms of thought, ideas, beliefs and way of living. Or that's what I thought. 

My father to my mind did a similar journey.
Only now I realise my journey is an extension of our family, an unfolding from the family seeds.
Last 5 years i have visited Bhurarani which was a village near Rudrapur less than 5 times. And now it occurs to me that I treaded away only to discover a deeper yearning for what my family has lived for. 

I need another few pictures to tell that as i see it right now. Humble material life, simplicity, farmer approach to life, non-interferring being - are some things I notice with wonder these days.
Those are my grandparents.  Lalaji (grandfather, left) was a kadak man but i remember his gentility and silences. 
I remember Dadi would let me dip rusk in her chai every evening when my mother would scold me away for spoiling her chai.
I love the smile on Babaji's (grandfather's bro, middle) face when i come home and our broken conversations.
They say that the village is a place where our ancestors are buried and our children are home. I am here. In my village.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to live consciously in 2016

What would a thriving rural space look like?

A song to awaken the modern human self?